Monday, June 20, 2011

Fathers' Day

Happy Fathers' Day to my own dad, the man who set the precedent, to Nick, the man who lives up to it, and to Paul, who taught Nick everything he knows about people and being happy.  I am so grateful for all three.

The big kids and I got up early to make a surprise breakfast for Nick.  We made Monkey Bread with butterscotch pudding mix and a new (to me) kind of an omelet.  I cooked a thin sheet of scrambled eggs on our large griddle, never flipping it, then layered on toppings (Jack cheese and sausage this time) and rolled it all up like a jelly roll.  Yum!

The rest of Fathers' Day was a yo-yo.  Church with Nick's parents.  Church with my parents.  Hanging out at Nick's parents' home.  Dinner at my parents' home.  Wrap-up the day at Nick's grandpa's house with his parents.  Whew!  At least everyone lives close.

It's nice to take some special time to think about all that Nick does for this family.  I heard a quote in church that goes something like, "It is the father's responsibility to provide the conditions for the mother to complete her role."  Without Nick's hard work, I couldn't care for the kids the way that I am free to do, and I am so grateful for that.  We love you, Daddy!

2 comments:

Me and My Boys said...

Have I ever told you how gorgeous I think you are? Well you are! and your kiddos aren't too bad either :) That is a great picture!

Kyle said...

You guys all look so beautiful! Curie is just a doll!