Thursday, June 23, 2011

Won't That Be Nice

(10 points for naming the movie)


Last night while browsing Tuesday's junk mail, I came across this little beauty.
It was on an ad for closet packages.  There was a woman reclining in her perfectly groomed, massive closet, closing her eyes, breathing deeply, and half-smiling.

I cut it right out and taped it to the side of my fridge.

Having moved six times in the last 18 months, you would think I was a pro at this unpacking-stuff.  Well, I only ever moved with about a third of what we own and we just apartment-hopped.  Now we live in a larger house.  With all our stuff.  Sometimes I think that you have to know how to swim to get around in here.

But I've been working hard.  The kitchen was first, because man cannot live on McDonald's alone.  The playroom has been haunting me most, and I've given it all of yesterday and today.  We can move around now.  No swimming required.  The kids are finding joy in toys that they haven't seen in years.

Some day I will be the woman in that ad, except a recliner won't fit in my closet.  And the perfection won't last more than 20 minutes.  But those will be some nice minutes while they last.

1 comment:

Rita said...

How can Curie not have seen toys in years? She isn't even 2. Love the new picture. Love the children!!!
Princess Bride
[Buttercup kisses the senile King]
The King: What was that for?
Buttercup: Because you have always been so kind to me, and I won't be seeing you again since I'm killing myself once we reach the honeymoon suite.
The King: Won't that be nice. She kissed me, ha, ha, ha!
Love, Mom J.
P.S. Do I get the 10 points?