Thursday, August 21, 2008

She's a Good Girl

Bethelle has been working on two major goals all on her own.

The first is saying her "th" sound.  This is critical, as she calls herself "Beffelle".  She is generally well spoken and precocious for her age, but she does say "heen" for "thing".  Lately, when she finds herself saying "thing" she says "h-ththththth-heen".  I couldn't be prouder.  Daddy had pointed this out to her, but she is working on it all on her own.

The next goal is that most mornings she will say to me, "I'm going to obey today!"  I get so excited to hear that and I tell her she can do it.  Recently, I got a little upset with her for not doing something as she should have.  She turned to me and said, "I'm obeying today!  I don't want to have to tell you that again!"  It was like listening to a tape recorder of myself.

2 comments:

Elise said...

Elke, that is awesome. It sounds like she's incredibly self-aware for her age. We're working on obedience too.

Our Ohana said...

That last part made me laugh out loud! What a funny girl! You sound like you're doing a great job, mama Elke!
- Sara xx