Saturday, January 12, 2008

Our Cousin the Basketball Queen

Today was completely consumed by preparing for, driving to, and driving from a college basketball game in Portland.  Earlier this week, Nick found out that his mother's cousin's granddaughter is the leading girls basketball player for assists in the nation.*  If you know Nick's basketball love and history, this makes her about the best player on any court in his book.  We had to go see her play!  I was excited to see a game that so fully grabbed Nick's attention.
This news came at a pretty good time, because this week's game was against the only other undefeated team in their league,* so it should've been excellent.  The PSU team (us) creamed ISU (them) by a 40 point lead.*  Claire, our newly discovered cousin, looked like Nick on the court.  She walked, ran, and moved with the same style and gait. 
Here is a picture of the two of them together after the game.
I think they look remarkably alike for how distantly they are related.  I don't know if you can tell from the picture.
I'll just add here a quick picture of Bethelle at the game.
* I don't actually know what I'm talking about.  I am no connoisseur of basketball lingo or statistics.  The information listed are the things I think I remember from a few conversations that I didn't fully understand and a game that I spent keeping a 3 month-old happy.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Hi Elke! Welcome to blogging. Your life will never be the same again. I'm addicted and so pleased I can add one more blog to my daily dose!