Saturday, September 6, 2008

Round Two

Rigby's second strabismus surgery was yesterday.  His first surgery involved loosening the inner muscles of both eyes.  This time, the doctor tightened both of the outer muscles.  So far, so good, but I've learned my lesson and will not get prematurely excited this time.

The recovery hour at the hospital was a little less stressful than before as he was a bit more consolable, and his eyes were less swollen, but he did not bounce right back to his normal Rigby-self.  He spent most of yesterday on edge and easily broken-hearted.  He seems better so far today.

I'm really sorry, Rigby, that you've had to go through all this.  I saw another little cross-eyed toddler at the doctor's office recently, and he almost looked downs, although I really think it was just his eyes, so I think you'll be grateful in the long run that we had this fixed.  It's worth the pain to have depth perception and not have double vision.

No comments: