Sunday, November 4, 2012

Rigby's Fifth

I like the sound of that title.  It sounds like a concerto.  Maybe someday.

For now, it refers to a birthday!  Can you believe he is five?  I am having a hard time with it.  Suddenly, I feel like all my babies are grown.  Five is the age that you start school, so he is basically gone.  And Curie will be starting kindergarten just the year after Rigby, so she is basically gone too.  That leaves just Piercy to hang out with me.  I've only been a mother for seven years and it seems like it's almost over already.

We are never in the mood for having Rigby's party at our house.  Two years ago, it was the fact that we lived in our little apartment on Bainbridge.  Then last year, I was too sick.  What is the excuse this year?  Hmm.  It's just easier this way, I guess.  We took the party to our pool where the kids take lessons.  It was the first time that I have gotten in.  They keep the water at a balmy 90 degrees!
 Rigby wanted a Space Jam themed party.  He doesn't understand that they stopped making Space Jam party items in 1997.  So this is what I came up with for a cake.
 Worked for him!
 It seems that I mostly took video of the party, which I try to avoid here because it won't print in a book well in the future.  So I'll just tell you that Rigby pretty well cleaned house as far as presents were concerned.  I think that five year-old boys must be easy to shop for.  A Nerf gun, a cars and a truck with tracks to race on, Star Wars toys, Michael Jordan track suit and action figure, and some kind of a transforming robot really hit the spot for this guy.
The party was a couple days before his actual birthday, but we wanted to make the real day special too, so we invited over a neighbor family for cake and a present we reserved for the big day: a stuffed Monstar from Space Jam, courtesy 1996 and Amazon.
Mmm.  Chocolate cake with peanut butter mousse filling and reeses pieces.  Niiiiice.


Happy birthday Buddy.  We sure love you.

1 comment:

Misty said...

love the gift with his name on top. very cute :)