Saturday, May 25, 2013

Saint Patrick's


You may have caught on to our trend of eating meals that match the occasion.  We eat red on Valentine's and we eat green on Saint Patrick's.

This year's St. Patty's Day was a bit of an odd duck, as it fell on a Sunday.  I always throw on a bit of green without any problem on the day, but it did seem a bit odd and a bit Catholic to pick out a green skirt to wear to church.  I don't recall ever encountering that dilemma before.  Well, this Mormon girl embraced her inner Catholic and vertigreed the whole family for church.  As it turned out, almost everyone else in the congregation did too.

After church, we had a festive lunch of green eggs and ham, complete with green plates, celery, and honeydew.
 I found these yummy cheese raviolis at Costco.  Seriously, how was I ever going to not put these in my cart?

May the luck of the Irish be with you!

No comments: