Sunday, September 19, 2010

Football with Babies

We still call all three kids our "babies."

On Saturday afternoon, the Huskies played Nebraska and Nick was pretty hyped up about it.  I told him I'd watch with him if the house was clean.  It was a good plan.

Nick bought Husky stickers and a pom-pom for the kids and everybody wore purple.  Bethelle got so excited about making posters, dressing up, and decorating for the game.  She wanted purple dinner again, but I was not feeling that ambitious.  I just got the house clean, remember?

As the game got started, Bethelle was not done with her poster-making, so she brought it all into our room (where the only TV is) to continue.  She spent the entire game coloring and cutting and taping and creating.  Her back was turned to the TV the whole time, as she wrote, "Go Huskies" and "Booooo, down!" for when the other team was advancing.  At one point she had to go downstairs for another marker, so she made us pause the game while she was gone.  When she got back, she turned away, getting right back to work, and told us that we could start the game again.

For me, it was football school.  For the first quarter of the game, we paused and talked about each play, call, and rule that was used.  I had never really understood football before.  I still probably don't understand it, but I enjoyed the first half.

Football games are twice as long as they need to be.

5 comments:

christina said...

Indeed. I can't believe how many hours of my life I've wasted watching football. Blah.

Elke said...

Christina... Nick told me you'd be the first to comment.

Rita said...

Nick needs to put me through football school. I have never understood what is going on-and funny as it may sound-would like to. Mom J.

Kyle said...

Football games are long. You and my roommate were both victims this weekend of a Rushton brother trying to help them understand the game of football!

Kyle said...

Football games are long. You and my roommate were both victims this weekend of a Rushton brother trying to help them understand the game of football!