Friday, July 11, 2008

Elle Arrive

(It's French)

Bethelle and I have generally been together most of her life. When we have been apart and come back together, I get very dramatic like the greatest thing has just happened. I tell her that I missed her and was a little bit sad, but I'm so happy now because she's back. I hug her and squeeze her and kiss her...

Somewhere along the way, maybe when she moved into her "big girl" room, I started doing this when she woke up. It's beginning to have an effect on her.

You should see her enter the room now. She could've been out of my sight for 2 minutes, then comes in the kitchen taking in a deep breath, throwing her arms out, grinning from ear to ear. Then she just looks at me, waiting for me to recognize that the greatest thing has just happened: Bethelle is here!

The girl's got self esteem.

2 comments:

Our Ohana said...

So sweet! I remember doing something like that every time Savanna woke up too! Now, she's up at 6:30 on the dot and begs for toast and milk in her first breath because she is staaaaarrrving:) Ah, the good old days:)

Ashley C said...

I've heard that's a good book also. I'd like to read it. I heard its not so much about investing and making money, but more about saving and living within your means, which is VERY smart, but just takes a lot more time I guess. You've convinced me to read it though- I'm curious about it.