Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Random Ramblings

Remind me next time I take on a two month endeavor that my will power only gets me through 6 or 7 weeks.

- - -

Bethelle and I were outside weeding for an hour.  It's July 29th.  What did we eat when we came inside from our labors?  A popsicle?  Ice cream?  Nope: hot chocolate.  We were cheated out of most of our summer last year, so I really thought that wouldn't happen twice in a row.  I'm still waiting for global warming.

- - -

Bethelle has a new favorite movie, Testaments.  She is watching it on her computer next to mine.  Oh, it's so good!  If you don't know, it's about the life of the Savior and about what's happening in the Americas at the same time.  If you have seen it, you'll know that I mean by "Helam!"  Oh, that's the best part!

If you don't have it, it's available from church distribution and is only $4.50.  You can watch the trailer here and order it here.  Even for those who are not members of the church, it's a fantastic movie.  You may think of part of it as more fictional than I do, but it's so well done and such a tear jerker!

- - -

What qualifies as a first word?  Rigby has said, "da da", "ma ma", and "buh buh" on command for a while now, but I haven't thought that he knew what he was saying.  Just lately, he has begun to respond to saying "buh-bye" by repeating it and waving his hand.  Is this a word?

- - -

Rigby had his 9-month check up recently.  He is in the 20th percentile for height and below the charts for weight.  He doesn't look skinny to me!  I'm supposed to take him back in in 4 weeks to make sure he doesn't fall any lower on the scale.  Meanwhile, he's supposed to eat cheese and avocado.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Here is a little irony and funny for you: I ready your entry today while eating my lunch. And what should I be eating while reading about Rigby and his need to be eating avocado and cheese? A salad with avocado and cheese on it! Those two things are my favorites but I SO do not need to be gaining weight. I hope it works for him but not ME! :o)