Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Get Out Your Kleenex

In the car yesterday, Bethelle was talking about Rigby, and said, "Mom, we're the best friends in the whole world!"

. . .

Tonight I was reading on the couch with Bethelle snuggled up next to me, drawing, and Rigby playing on the floor.

Bethelle: Mom, did you know that I love Jesus and Heavenly Father?

Me: You do? That makes me so happy.

Bethelle:  Yes.  I love Mommy and Jesus and Heavenly Father.

Me: Did you know that they love you too?

Bethelle: Uh-huh.

Me: Did you know that they made you?

Bethelle: Yep.

Me: Isn't that nice that they would make you so that you could come live with me?

Bethelle: Yes, because a long time ago, you didn't have me and there was no Rigby and there was just Mommy and Daddy and I lived with Jesus and I didn't love you yet.

Me: Are you glad that you got to come live with me for a while?

Bethelle: Yeah, because I love you, Mom.

. . .

sniffle, sniffle

3 comments:

Christina said...

Awww! I love conversations with three-year-olds.

Ashley C said...

That is probably the sweetest thing I have ever heard!

Our Ohana said...

awwwww! You're a good mommy, those kids were taught well:)

"I didn't love you yet" too cute!
- Sara xx