Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Getting Ready for Christmas

Christmas is my favorite time of year.  I realize that I am quite typical in that, but I love it.  It's the whole season, you know?  Smells and sights and traditions and whimsy and cheer... all in the dead of winter.  I love when my house is decorated and smells like a pine tree.  I just love all of it.

 Pierce got some new jammies as an early Christmas surprise.  Or maybe it was for me.  Isn't he the cutest little elf?  I think they even make his ears point just a little.
 I made this little dandy this year.  It is felt, so the ornaments can be moved around all day by little hands.  And nothing will break or fall over on top of anyone.  Bonus.
I was supposed to make it at a women's activity at church, but I got a bit carried away that night and came home with my tree looking like this:
 But in the end I pulled it together, so it's all fine.
 This was one of those moments that just magically happen, and if you jump up for your good camera, the moment will vanish.  So you very sneakily reach into your pocket for your phone, set it on silent, and try to blend into the wall while you snap the shots.

 Rigby got a little caught up in the season himself.

 But at least he wasn't alone!




 I didn't even mean to dress him like a candy cane that day.






1 comment:

Paul Rushton said...

Christmas is awesome, Elke, you make it the best......... Great Pictures & Stories.