Monday, April 11, 2011

Ocean Beach

Saturday of last week found Nick with no homework, so we took the kids to the long-promised carousel at Golden Gate Park and played a while at the playground.  I never take them there by myself, so it is a treat for them.  The playground is just too big for me to be sure that I'll make it out of there with all three kids in tow if I go on my own.

It's hard to tell, but she loved this spinning, off-kilter chair.

In the past, we've only been to bay beaches around here.  The waves there are more tame and the wind less fierce.  But this great city is right on the Pacific Ocean, and it's worth a visit.  Curie fell asleep during the three minute drive from the park to the beach, so I enjoyed the view from the car while Nick and the kids played.

No comments: